Do AOL Desktop Gold features like send/receive mail, chat or play bother you with its performance?
After trying all feasible solutions, are you still struggling with AOL Gold functionality?
If you nod YES, then surely it is not a problem with any specific feature but with the entire AOL Desktop Gold software. Simply put, the software is requesting the AOL Desktop Gold update that has been released by the official AOL.
Important: From the manual update of AOL Desktop Gold to the resolution of automatic updates, we have included everything that can help you improve your AOL Gold.
System Requirements for AOL Gold Update
Now, before heading to the manual update process of AOL Desktop Gold, make sure your device meets the following requirements.
Otherwise, an error message related to the Desktop Gold update will continue to appear.
Operating system: Windows 7/8/10 or Mac
Processor speed: more than 2.93 GHz
Windows screen resolution: standard size 1024 x768 recommended
Mac Resolution: 2304 x 1440 (standard)
Disk space: more than 1 GB
RAM size: at least 1 GB
Network speed: at least 100 Mbps
Internet connection: stable and high speed
.Net Framework: Version 4.5.2 or higher
How to update Desktop Gold on Windows and Mac?
AOL Desktop Gold Update for Windows
Close all programs currently running in your device, including AOL Gold. And then follow as the process says:
- Open any browser window and download AOL Desktop Gold update.
- Save the update extension on your device, from where it can be easily accessed.
- After the update file is downloaded, double-click to start it.
- Click on the EXECUTE button to confirm the action.
- Provide your AOL Desktop Gold login credentials in the requested dialog box.
- Once the process is complete, restart your device and log in to AOL Desktop Gold.
AOL Desktop Gold Update for Mac
The process to install the AOL Desktop Gold update on the Mac device is quite similar to that indicated for the Windows operating system. However, the terms used may differ.
Therefore, to add ease in your work, these are your steps:
- Open the browser window like Safari or Firefox on your device.
- Look for the download of the AOL Desktop Gold update from a reliable source.
- Touch the file and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the update process.
- Later, restart your device and start accessing Desktop Gold with high-speed performance.
Reasons for Updating AOL Desktop Gold does not work
Before fixing the Desktop Gold update error does not work, you should know the reason you are concerned.
As, it will help you solve the exact cause with relevant steps that also, instantly. Then, without wasting any more time, let’s start with a list of causes detailed below.
- Corrupt AOL Gold software
- Disabled Windows Update
- Firewall Software
- No space in RAM
- Poor Internet
Troubleshoot AOL Gold Update Errors
If you cannot find the sign that your AOL Gold update does not work above, you can request direct help from the Email Desktop Gold experts.
Another way, you can start with the following troubleshooting steps and solve your AOL update problem.
- Restart your device to create more space in RAM and then try to start the AOL Desktop Gold update manually.
- If you still receive an error during the update process, go to Control Panel-> Windows Updates-> and enable the automatic update option.
- You can also verify and remove the AOL Gold software from the Firewall list in Control Panel.
- For the update error that is not yet resolved, perform a disk cleanup action.
- Try to temporarily disable all third-party security software, such as antivirus software. And check if the update is complete or not.
- Don’t forget to check the cables, the router, the modem, and the Internet service. If you find faults in any of the peripherals mentioned here, replace or correct them immediately.
- Most importantly, if your AOL Gold is damaged, download and reinstall AOL Desktop Gold on the device.